Physiotherapy @ SOMA Sport & Physio
Physiotherapy (aka Physical Therapy)
In an active city such as San Francisco, we are lucky to have a multitude of activities to choose from - between bicycle club rides, running groups, tennis leagues, yoga, and wall climbing parks, it's no wonder we hit road bumps in our performance. Luckily, there is a specialized physiotherapy clinic right here in San Francisco. Your sports medicine team at SOMA Sport & Physio is here to restore your body's full potential.
Physiotherapy - Defined.
For the active individual and athlete, physiotherapy is a crucial element in regaining lost function. Often, pain substantially limits motion in the affected joints. An effective way to reduce pain and increase function is to start moving again with the guidance of our Doctors of Physical Therapy.
Physical Therapists are trained medical professionals who treat individuals with injuries or health-related problems that limit their ability to move or perform their daily tasks.
Our expert Physical Therapists will work to gradually rebuild your flexibility, strength, coordination, and endurance. We will educate you on what is going on within your body and why certain treatments work best.
Benefits of Physiotherapy
- Relief from chronic and acute pain as a result of traumatic and cumulative stress injuries
- Recovery and functional restoration (pre-operative strength rehab and post-surgical recovery)
- Improved physical vitality and well-being in work, play, and sport
- Stress reduction and improved mental cognition
- Improved physical endurance and stamina - crucial in reaching higher levels of sports performance
- Exercise Management
- Strength Rehab
- Manual Therapy
- Therapeutic Exercises
- Mechanical Traction
- Interferential Therapy
- Therapeutic Ultrasound
- Running/Walking Gait Analysis
- Bike Fit Analysis
- Myofascial Release Technique
- PNF Stretching Techniques